Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A delayed clock output in VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

1nandha

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My logic is to get output after a particular number of clocks, its not an delayed output but I have to get the results of the delayed clocks.

For eg: if count=2, for every 2nd clock I should get its corresponding output and not other clocks result.
if count=5, for every 5th clock I should get its corresponding output and not other clocks result.

Please guide.

so you want to set a parameter that changes the timing on a clock enable?

My logic is to get output after a particular number of clocks, its not an delayed output but I have to get the results of the delayed clocks.

For eg: if count=2, for every 2nd clock I should get its corresponding output and not other clocks result.
if count=5, for every 5th clock I should get its corresponding output and not other clocks result.

Please guide.

Code:
constant MAX_COUNT: natural := ??; -- Whatever is your maximum, based on your post it would be 5
signal clock_count: natural range 0 to MAX_COUNT;
signal This_Would_Be_The_Time_To_Sample: std_ulogic;
begin
  process
  begin
    wait until rising_edge(clock);
      if (Initialize = '1') -- Maybe you want to get the counter into a known state at startup, maybe not
      or (count = 1) then
        count <= My_Max_Count;  -- My_Max_Count would be an input that you set that is set to whatever you want to count from.
                                            -- In your post, you mentioned 2 or 5
     else
        count <= count - 1;
    end if;
  end process;

This_Would_Be_The_Time_To_Sample <= '1' when (count = 1) else '0';

Should be enough guidance to get you going

Kevin Jennings

Reactions: 1nandha

1nandha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.