Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

home made PCB with silkscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

msadek_eng

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb silkscreen

can any body tell me the way of making a complete pcb with silkscreen

silk screen pcb

Is kind of hard to understand what you want .. Do you want to add silk screen printing to a home made board ? ... Well if is that you should learn first what is envolved in a SILKSCREEN Process .. Is kind of involving ..
Otherwise if you mean making a PCB board with some TRANSFERT technique involving the SILKSCREEN pocess .. well the silkscreen is kind of COARSE printing method . So results might not be good .
Anyways first let's understand what you have in mind !

cheers

silkscreen pcb

eltonjohn, I guess msadek_eng asked how to add 'silk screen printing' onto a home made PCB. I'm also interested in this topic. I wish to know how we could create 'silk screen' and do the 'printing' ourselves. Pls advise.

homemade pcbs

Ok i will outline all the process Generally then if you want to go into details just ask ..

First. You need to produce all the layout gerber files with silk screen file present . print this file to a mylar sheet ( for presentations ) with a laser printer . you can buy this sheets everywhere .

Second . here is all the Silk screen process :
The way to do this is visisting first a supplier of SILKSCREEN product .
1) you need a frame with the silk fabric already fixed to it .. You can do this by hand but it requires more equipment and somebody to show you at least once how to do it .
**broken link removed****broken link removed**
2) Get some PHOSTOSENSITIVE gel ( Photo EMULSION) for Silkscreen Printing ( NO TO think is the same as for PCBS!!!) . on a dark room spread the Gel all over the silkframe ..
3) Using a glass square tape the mylar sheet with the silkscreen layout to it . .. put it on top of the photosensitized silkframe you got now .Apply light to it for half an hour ( a 200 w light is enough .. ) without moving anything .
4) Depending on the type of SENSITIVE solution you got .There is a solvent for REVELATION .. I recall using water ! So gently now take the silk screen frame( by the way is calleda STENCIL) .Take the STENCIL to a the water tap and RINSE away the non exposed to light product ..
Now you have a PERFECT silk screen stencil !
5) Get some ready to use paint for printing on plastics . or any other .but not water soluble
Get a squeegee and put the PCB board ..( without any componets ) under the Screen printing frame .. align it somehow ..with the outline so every thing is in place ..Clamp it .. now on the wollow part of the frame put the paint ... don't SPREAD the paint all over , But gather it on the side of the frame .. where there is no drwaing . With the squeegee apply the paint by applying enough presure to get enough paint to traverse the silk and be deposited on the PCB surface .. Well that's all .. you will screew a couple of boards .. So is better to start the test by trying it on CARBOARD
at first untill you GET the TECHNIQUE .. Is not a big deal .. Is just too manualy envolving ..!
here is a page where all the items described can be seen:
**broken link removed**

ALL is also explained here ..:
See the PHOTOGRAPHIC EMULSION METHOD .. thas the method to USE!
**broken link removed**

Cheers

homemade pcb

Is it possible to use "Toner transfer system" with a laser printer, a coated paper and ironing it over the etched PCB?
I have not tried it.
Has someone tried this?

home made pcb

I tried toner transfer for silkscreen recently.
I printed mirror view of silkscreen and used hot iron. It works for big and thick symbols and letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back