Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Spartan 6 FPGA Configuration issue in BPI up mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankar.m8

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends
In my customized board with Spartan 6, FPGA is configured in BPI up mode. In the same bus, a NVSRAM also connected. while loading .mcs file to flash(1Gbit), programming become failed but CFI query, flash erase are succesfully completed.

I programmed FPGA with .bin file and access the flash from processor.so that I can able to find that some sectors of the flash cannot be written. I was suspecting the Flash memmory and i changed with a 512Mbit flash. Both are spansion s29gl series. But the problem still exists.

Consistently some sectors showing problem. and i verified the schematics and pcb connections and i cannot find any problem. Also i couldn't find any relation between the problem sectors.

Plz help ...

Thanks in advance.....

Looks like configuration mode setting is not proper, please check it.

The issue has been closed. The Reset of flash has been not proper, due to the improper "out of reset" of flash will leads to false memory accessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back