Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading Analog values in PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

amateur101

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to read analog values that are being taken in by the PIC 18f4550. I am taking input from a LED which I am using as a Photosensor. Can someone tell me how i should proceed to view the inputted analog data values in MPLAB?

Which compiler are you using?

You should go through the Gooligum Tutorials. They are excellent and after you go through them, you should be able to use the ADC for your application with ease.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

hello,

Iam using Microchip c18 compiler.
Thank you for the tutorials. But I want to know if there is any way i can see the output values of the ADC in MPLAB itself instead of an LCD display as mentioned in the tutorial?

You can assign a variable that stores the ADC result and then view the contents of that register in MPLAB.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.