Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for 9 channel RC T/R home made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarimPain

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to everyone!!
can anyone help me with a tutorial or anything else which tell me how i can build my own 9 channel or more (for my quadcopter) Rc circuit . i searched a lot in net but i didn't find what i want.

HI Dear Karim
Can you tell me a bit more explanation about your purpose , thus , probably , i can help you .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Thanks Goldsmith... oook but i'm not so expert about radio trasmition so if u find that am talking about wrong things please tell me.
i'm thinking about having for example 9 switches each one when is pushed sends a bit to the dac which converrt it to an analoge voltage and via the RC the ic receiver receive this voltage then an adc convert it to a digital value and i obtain my bit which is pushed which is going to be my command to do a specific job, now this is my idea, hope is not so idiot :)
9 channel cuz i want my quadcopter to go (up,down,fowrward,back.right,left,rotate,start,shut down). hope that this was useful for u.
Thanks a lot.

Dear Karim
As i understood from your literatures , you want design a RF controller , and you want control some things with that without wire ?! IF , yes , you can find many IC s that will do this thing , and i saw some IC s with 16 channels .
Am i understood your aim correctly or not ?
Regards
Goldsmith

Exactly Goldsmith. can u give me link or something like that.
Thanks Again :)

Yes , of course . but let me search in my projects , and my datasheets , I'll find it for you , and give it to you .
Good luck
Goldsmith

Last edited:

Hi Karim,

I think your project to build a quadrocopter/quadcopter and a 9-channel RC system is more than a little too ambitious.

First, consider your control scheme. I have flown RC models since 1953 when we used on/off controls out of necessity. The models were extremely stable. They were derived from free-flight models. I have also experimented with some on/off controls since. The quadcopter is no where nearly that stable. Even the cheapest IR controlled helicopter uses proportional control, not on/off control, for flight. Therefore, I believe you will need proportional control. What that means is that if you move the control stick a little bit, the controlled function responds with just a little change, and when you need a big change, you get a big change. That is almost impossible to achieve with buttons. In most cases the controls work through pots, but some may use other types of encoders.

The foregoing assumes a typical model without extensive on-board electronics, tracking (gps), and auto-stability devices (e.g., gyros and accelerometers). The last few years has seen tremendous advances in each area, so that autonomous flight is almost a reality. However, development of those systems is not simple and requires a high degree of experience in model control.

Second, in terms of constructing the transmitter and receiver, you can probably find examples on the internet. Here are some links to a forum where a few such attempts have been discussed:

DIY Electronics - RC Groups
8 channel PPM generator - RC Groups

Finally, here is a link to a 5-channel project:

5 channel radio remote control circuit based of TX-2B / RX- 2B pair

Making a usable transmitter (and receiver?) will require a lot of work and the reward is almost negligible. Commercial systems are very good, cheap, and legal. I doubt you could build a functioning system for the cost a comparable new system. And, if you consider slightly used systems, you will get much more capability for the same cost.

In summary, my advice is to concentrate on just two things: 1) Getting the quadcopter to fly using purchased RC gear; and 2) Work on developing on-board stability enhancements as described briefly above.

Regards, John

oook GoldSmith i 've got it and am going read them. Thanks Again :)

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:39 ----------

Right John , i thinked about proportional control , but then i said to myself that the proportional is important if i want varying the speed of the quadrotor. like up fast or up very slow.. but i decided to make a one speed to all movement so the speed increment slowly for going up or decrement slowly for going under. But I'm going to look to ur links and take a good study then decided. cuz in fact all the joysticks of quadcopter are proportional.
and u r totally right about the lot of work without reward taking in consideration the commercial systems but i've to read about it.
Thanks John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back