Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Job Search in Electronic Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,
I am trying to search a good job opportunity in Electronics Industry (Embedded/VLSI), anything will do. But somehow couldnt find one.

Problems I am facing are as follow---
1. When I try to call a company, on the numbers displayed on net -----I get the reply that these numbers does not exist.
2. When I upload my Resume on a company's website-----I dont get any reply.
3. When I forward my Resume to HR's email ID------I dont get a reply either way.
4. I stay in Pune-----& most of the Electronic Companies are in Bangalore. So, its not possible to attend all walkins.
5. Consultants are demanding a very high fees------Which we cant afford.
6. Even if I get a call somehow, then they say------That they dont take freshers, they require Experienced people.
7. & Finally if I get selected somewhere, then they ask for signing a bond & offer a very very low salary.

So, friends please please please help me-----what should I do now???

I was in top 3 always in 4 years of degree, but now I am literally struggling for a good job.

Any help in this regards will be appreciated. Thanks in advance...!!!

As I know, some of my friends get their jobs from internal referral, networking. Find your friends in electronics field, & your alumni.

You should definitely get in touch with your colleagues who already have positions in industry. If you can pass your resume to them, that can increase your chances. You should also setup an account on LinkedIn (free) World's Largest Professional Network | LinkedIn -- this will help you keep in touch with your colleagues. There are recruiters on this site and you may get inquiries for positions. LinkedIn is NOT Facebook -- it is definitely more serious, no games, etc.

Best regards,
v_c

Thanks for suggestions!!!

I am in touch with all my friends at good levels, but U & me know how people generally are ... So, I dont expect anything from those type of friends.

Also, I am already on linked in.

Hi .

I know it feels bad. VLSI/Embedded system companies in India take ppl only from premier institutes. You shld be still col. to get selected as fresher, You can try for emebedded software engg or but the electronics industry really needs masters or atleast certi. from VLSI institites like sandeepani , VEDA IIIT or RV-VLSi. or CDAC_VLSI. if you are willing to study more, try to get into one of those chances are fair after that.

Yes I agree with U. But as mentioned earlier, I am presently working because I need to fulfil some family responsibities. So, I cant join a full time training or certification institute either. But I do study to update my knowledege whenever I get time for the same.

what kind of work are you doing now ? is it ASIC design ? how much experience do u have?

Its not ASIC design. I wish if it had been so..!

I am doing a back office kind of job dealing with computer information handling since a year.

Hi pricess

I am sorry to hear. clearly shows how imp job is for you. I can only advice you to quit and start looking for jobs in asic or I know institutes like Veda IIIT in hyd offers complete tuition fee weiver provided you sign a contract to work for them after the course. I guess this best suits you. check for it. tell your grades and achievments they might consider you.

Status
Not open for further replies.