Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Probe patch feed antenna tutotrial..HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEIJUAN

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all. i just do i probe patch feed antenna tutorial by using HFSS but i cannot get any result in my simulation..what wrong with my simulation.
I have attach the simulation files. thanks..HELP....

Attachments

• Probe feed.rar
    6.3 KB · Views: 64

the problem with your file is that the port is not defined properly. i have reassigned the port properly,but the file is now saved in HFSS13,i am not sure if you will be able to open it

Best Regards
Elchiquito

Attachments

• Probe feed.rar
    21.2 KB · Views: 72

Thanks for ur help..i try it again..but my version is lower version than yours..i would like to know how to define the port properly. i am newbie on it so dunno how to defined it properly. thx u very much..thanks a lot.

If the solution is driven terminal. port is defined with respect to a one conductor. while for driven modal port is defined by defining a line from the inner conductor to the outer conductor of the coaxial probe.

Regards
Elchiquito

Hi, elchiquito. I am designing a wideband microstrip patch antenna at 60GHz. But i failed to get the return loss. Can u gv me some suggestions about how to design or can u help me to see what wrong with my design? or there have any alternative method?

Attachments

• 60GHz(3).rar
    7 KB · Views: 52

Hello

First, the port was not defined properly. but anyhow there are few things though radiation box needs to be redone.

Apart from that everything seems fine in terms of design . but when you do a interpolating sweep you get a resonance of 45 GHz. so i would check the dimensions of my patch and the position of the feed.

Regards
Elchiquito

i just try again and change the probe position. the result was improved but the return not exactly at 60Ghz. Besides that, i would like to ask about the coaxial probe size. I set the radius as 0.16mm. Is it too small? what is the standard size?

I choose 2.2 dielectric constant.Can you help me to check dimension. Thanks.

Best regards,
MeiJuan

Attachments

• 60GHz(3) - Copy - Copy.rar
    6.9 KB · Views: 42

Refer to the equations in a text, as in Balanis.

Generally speaking patch antenna is of the size lambda/2, so 60 Ghz half a wavelength would be .25 cm's which is 2.5mm in free space in a dielectric its size decreases by a inverse proportion.

i cant quite recall the dimensions of the bat.but the SMA connector has a conductor diameter of 50 mils.

Hope that helps

Regards
Elchiquito

Dear elchiquito,

I can get 60GHz return loss. But my problem now is wan to increase the gain, how to increase the gain?

Sorry for disturb.

Regards,

Mei Juan

Dear elchiquito,

I have attach my file here, can give me some suggestions to improve the gain?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 60Ghz (n).rar
    7 KB · Views: 63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back