Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adding noise to an oversampled ofdm signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishaal

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I'm really in trouble because of this awgn. I am trying to add noise awgn to oversampled ofdm signal. my signal is oversampled 20 times and modulated on a high frequency carrier. After applying band pass filter I have tried to do this

SNR = EbNo + 10*log10(k) - 10*log10(upsamp)
corrupted = awgn(usig, SNR,'measured','dB');

where upsamp is 20, and k is 2, two bits per symbol with QPSK modulation,,,

am I doing anything wrong,,,,,

this results me no error in the signal with the higheer values of noise even,,,,

please help me ,,,,,what should i do,,,i tried the same thing with baseband ofdm signal as well, but same result,,

Thanks

Regards

Would really like to help but I do not understand your code
This is what o used for QPSK and it worked for me:
SNR =1:1:30; % SNR in dB
index_SNR =1:1:length(SNR)
noisy=awgn(sig,index_SNR,'measured');

hope it gives you some directions...

Hi,

The SNR definition there you can look at it as SNR_bit=Eb/N0=(SNR_symbol)*(W/R), where R is your rate and W is the bandwidth.
Now, you for R = Symbol Rate * modulation = (20*W*log2(M)), here W is the normal bandwidth and M is your modulation i.e. M=2 for QPSK.
so we have R=20*W. Then SNR_bit(dB)=SNR_channel-10log(20), which would be your SNR computation.

you can plug the channel SNR into the AWGN with the tx ofdm output.

Have Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back