Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Store the energy from telephone line, for battery and other energy storage things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

W_Heisenberg

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here, I have an idea, maybe seems crazy.

If we remove the telephone in our house, and then we cut the telephone lines, we should be able to see wires in different color. From what I have learned, the yellow one and black one are in a pair. In other words, one is ground and the other positive.

Now, if I build a thing to store the energy from telephone line, I would have a free charger source.

My problem is how do we start? Lets see, if I want to store the energy in an RC osillator or rechargeble battery, how should I start?

thanks, all.

It is not legal.
ask forum how analog phone works then u will understand. that its not possible or effective enough, cause its a current source and voltage will drop very low.
dont try that out for saving maybe 1$ for 1 month.
Telephone interfacing circuits

I see, it is not illegal!

In university, we have a design about it.

It is legal at least in 3 months from now.

Actually the red and the green wires are the relevant pair. The yellow and the black are only used if you have a second line. The biggest danger you face is if somebody dials your number. The ringer current is high voltage 20Hz AC.

And of course, if you draw current it makes it look as though there is phone attached and it is in use so you might run up a huge phone bill !!!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back