Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCS simulation error concerning memory (32-bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

priyanka24

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi..
me tried to implement one of my verilog code in synopsys. but in VCS tool itself when me pressed run option to get simulation waveforms it continous to run and after some time got following message:

what should i do to remove this can anyone know??

Re: VCS simulation error

A 32 bit version can handle maximum 2^32 bit (4GB) memory. It seems memory requirement during simulation crossed the 4GB limit. To address memory more than 4GB you require a 64 bit version.

Re: VCS simulation error

A 32 bit version can handle maximum 2^32 bit (4GB) memory. It seems memory requirement during simulation crossed the 4GB limit. To address memory more than 4GB you require a 64 bit version.

but its simple program. so such memory is required for that. so whats the solution in that case?

May be some problems exist in your RTL or testbench.
For example, $finish is never achived so it causes "infinite" time to complete simulation).

Code:
// tb.v

reg a;

// initial block with stimulas
initial begin

a = 1; // forever 1

wait(a == 0); // this event will never occur, but the simulator will wait.... and eat memory I think

$finish;

end
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back