Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to know face boundary n feature extraction using matlab morphological operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

priya05

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one help me in finding the face boundary and feature extraction by using matlab morphological operation

Try some edge detection. That would be better than morphology. If you want to do some morphological operation I would suggest this- First perform erosion and then find the set difference between the original image and the eroded image. I saw this in "Digital Image Processing" by Gonzalez.

Try some edge detection. That would be better than morphology. If you want to do some morphological operation I would suggest this- First perform erosion and then find the set difference between the original image and the eroded image. I saw this in "Digital Image Processing" by Gonzalez.

i used the canny edge operator on enhanced image.. but i am getting the face boundary which is broken on some points. Can you tell me how i will be able to connect the broken ridges mainly i want face boundary that is not broken.

i used the canny edge operator on enhanced image.. but i am getting the face boundary which is broken on some points. Can you tell me how i will be able to connect the broken ridges mainly i want face boundary that is not broken.

There's one morphological operation called "dilation". It dilates (i.e. thickens) the image so that you may join all boundaries. You have to select a perfect structural element though.

When i am applying dilation operation, i am getting the connecting boundary . after that i applied thinning operation than i am not getting the good result.. it is changing the shape of boundary.

When i am applying dilation operation, i am getting the connecting boundary . after that i applied thinning operation than i am not getting the good result.. it is changing the shape of boundary.

What structural element did you use?

What structural element did you use?

i tried disk, square structural element of size 3*3 because when i am using size 2*2 then edge is not connecting

Could you post the image?

18_1328692168.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back