Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make AC mA meter from DC uA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmbg011

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need circuit for measuring AC mA in range 0-100mA. But I have DC galvanometer with scale 40uA and for 100uA.

You wish to measure AC mA. This involves putting a diode in series with the meter. A suitable shunt resistor can be from 2 to 5 % of the lowest ohm load you will attach.

This schematic will work if you're operating above 50VAC or so. It will not give linear readings at low ACV, due to the diode causing a problematic voltage drop.

87_1327980375.gif

To get linear readings when you're operating on low voltage AC, an op amp configuration will work.

May be helpful for You if you later need to measure AC mili Volts :

4-RANGE AC MILLIVOLTMETER.jpeg

You can adjust Your 40uA for 1mA scale and use it in this circuit. Four diodes are germanium type, but if there is no germanium diode use four schotky diodes.

Last edited:
May be helpful for You if you later need to measure AC mili Volts :

View attachment 68364

You can adjust Your 40uA for 1mA scale and use it in this circuit. Four diodes are germanium type, but if there is no germanium diode use four schotky diodes.

Thanks tpetar I need that also.

Status
Not open for further replies.