Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image processing using PIC microcontrollers or dsPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

vojke

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hallo to everybody.

I am working on my master project, and it is about constructing an autonomous wall following and obstacle avoiding robot. To make things little interesting I want to add some sort of camera on the top of the robot-vehicle so that robot can follow certain signs (take a LEFT turn, or take a RIGHT turn or STOP). The sign for left turn would be black left-pointing arrow on white base, for right turn black right-pointing arrow on white base, and for stop black circle on white base. Is there a possibility that PIC or dsPIC can process these images in the real-time? (little delay is tolerant). Has anyone had any experience with something similar. And which type of camera should I get? Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.