Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison of Matlab and C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

behzadkh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
himatlab is full of useful functions that makes your programming easy. realy you do not need to write code for any part of your program.
sure CPU an memory usage of matlab is extremely high. but it makes testing of your ideas easy.

matlab vs c

Yes, Matlab is a power tool for theory analysis and algorithm simulation before programming.

I always uses it.

c++ vs matlab

The drawback of MATLAB is it's runtime.
It probably take hundred times of that C++ can do.
That's the fatal point ,I think

matlab vs. c++

hi
i think becuause matlab has an interpretter it is much slower than
c++
bye :!:

matlab vs c speed

You can generate C++ code from Matlab and make a C++ program out of it.

Either way so far there is nothing compared today with Matlab. At fingertips you can do a lot. It is very very indispensable tool for engineers. Extremely useful.

c vs matlab

Matlab provides port supprot also. C++ can also support.. but MATLAB is very user friendly and everything is on ur finger tips.....
only drawback is its slow...... and required lot of memory....
generaly ppl use to teste initial logic with matlab and then implement on other platform.

disadvantages of matlab as compared to c++

HI,
you can generate C/C++ code from Matlab
try:

MCC MATLAB to C/C++ Compiler
or
help mcc

Hope it helps.

octave vs c++

Matlab take long ime for calculating...for example filtering an incomming signal takes long time in matlab...so it is not useful for realtime processing..but c++ is so faster than that...so use c/c++ for realtime works...

speed of matlab and c++

Well to me MAtlab seems easier but my Thesis supervisor insists that i must simulate using visual c++ ...........dont know whats his point.........cant c things from his angle.

matlab platform independence

I think Matlab is very helpful for start designing any application, because we can easily verify our designs there without writing too much code. However, for real-time application or for video/image processing, the processing delay is a critical issue. In this case we should switch over to C++ after some initial testing of algorithm in Matlab.

why is matlab slower than c

for newbie like me, i find matlab much more easier to understand than c++..there're lots of examples in matlab. simulations are nice too... :D

c++ slower than matlab

OK! Matlab is very good! :D Very Very good! C++ is also very good. :D again very very good.
each of them should be used in it's own place. matlab is for the initial phases of a project.
:( I did not say any thing new :D

matlab vs c speed comparison

Hello All,

A lot of true sentences have bin shared here.
I wouldadd only that there is posibility to port simulink model directly in the target system. The model is first convert (using real time workshop)to C code and then is compiled using the target C commpiler.

I haven't had time yet to test how fast is this code. But in my opinion nothing will be as fast as handly optimized C code.

About asembler language. Most of the new DSP are piplined processors (in order to offer big instruction set and single cycle execution). This impose additional dificulties during asembler optimization by hand. There
are lot of tools which helps in this respect but my advice is unless you really don't have other choice don't use asm for the DSP

Best Regards
dora

computation speed matlab vs c++

I think matlab is better!

matlab is better than c

ca't u guys use C++ with matlab ! .. this hunts 2 goals with one stone ..
matlab supports C++ and can easily generate executables .. try this idea .. it works ..

c++ versus matlab

do you mean MATLAB has programming interface with C++?

matlab versus c++

Matlab is made from C and C++ so, C++ is better. Matlab takes too much resources to run a code, and some functions (like fft) need some corrections too work well. It's a good exercise to start implementing your own functions in C++, so you can use on many other applications.

matlab line by line parsing vs. c++

do you mean MATLAB has programming interface with C++?

AFAIK, we have to save matlab files into dlls, and use C++ to read them

matlab vs c,c++ language

foster_cn
u can write C++ programs on matlab ..

matlab versus c speed

I think it would be better you look at some other libraries. They are freely available on the internet. Search for ptolemy on the internet.

Also search for
signal processing library gnu

something like that will give you a free c++/C library for your use.

Now you should be able to use it in your project. No need to depend on matlab or any other commercial software.

there is a freeware for matlab also (but with much less functionality).
https://www.octave.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back