Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor voltage rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthickb3e

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all....
for my project, bipolar stepper motor is used....
my sterrer motor data sheet is **broken link removed**
its image is
stepper motor.JPG

in datasheet.. there is no clear specification about the maximum voltage rating.... in that speed Vs torque Characteristics Vdc=24V....

but in picture it is clearly mention that 3.32 Vdc...

i am confused... ... please help

what is its max. and min. allowable voltage to operate... how to find ....

They specify current per phase. Three different ratings, 0.5A, 1.0A and 1.5A depending on model. Diagrams are for 24V. My conclusion is that they recommend you drive steppers with current generators from a 24V supply.

but see in picture .. that they put about 3.32 Vdc... that model(17H018D10B) only i want to purchase...

but for the same model(17H018D10B) in speed vs torque plot they put that 24V dc

Why don't you compare the part numbers on the picture and in the data sheet. If they match it's a good chance that the data sheet is for the motor on the picture. No guarantee but a good chance.

Basically, the said curves are referring to constant current motor operation.In constant current mode, there isn't a thing like maximum voltage rating (or more exactly, there is of course an insulation voltage strength, but it's surly much higher than 24 V).

In constant current mode, applied driver voltage is an additional parameter that influences the e.m.f. related torque reduction at higher speeds. A higher voltage means larger torque at high speed. In contrast, you get the worst torque versus speed characteristic in constant voltage mode, where the motor current is only set by the windings resistance.

In so far the question is rather referring to basic knowledge of step motor operation than datasheet details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back