Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the differences between italian,english & german machine's electric drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatcreators

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the differences between italian,english & german machine's electric drawings

What are the differences between italian , english & german machine's electrical drawings ?

components, index & other introductory pages

Last edited:

Re: What are the differences between italian,english & german machine's electric draw

The major diference is measurement standardized on of metrics or inches.

+++

Re: What are the differences between italian,english & german machine's electric draw

which uses metric & which use inches ?

can you provide the examples (pages) of these different types of drawings ?

International measurements standards, uses metric scales.
So, all countries should use that.

However, Inches are still widelly used at England and USA.
Note that even at all other countries where metric standardization is official, Inches are commonly used at certain areas, as screw and drill, wich uses base-2 fractional inches measures ( i.e. : 1/32", 1/8", 3/32', etc... ).

Concerning header and main pages, I never noticed substantial differences at those documentations, unless the language itself.

+++

While we still use miles in the UK, in engineering metric units are almost exclusively used, in my experience.

Keith

different types of symbols used in all these different languages ?

Not so much a language variations, more a national one, but I believe the USA still use a zig-zag resistor whereas the UK use the rectangle shape which is also used in Europe.

Polarized capacitors in the USA can have a curved negative terminal and a "+" by the positive. European symbols use a black negative terminal and hollow positive terminal (and are not curved). Non polarized ones in the USA can still have one curved terminal.

Inductors in the USA are loopy. In Europe they are a solid rectangle (but I prefer the USA symbol!).

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back