Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a Solid State Relais .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGA

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pr26mf21nsz dc

I'M SEARCHING A SOLID STATE RELAY WITH Ton LESS THAN 50uS AND Toff LESS THAN 150uS.
VOUTMAX (WHEN OPEN) MUST BE NON LESS THAN 50V; WHEN CLOSED IT MUST FLOW 100mA.
ANY HELP ?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.
BGA

**broken link removed**

Hopefully of some use, I did not pick a part for you, you need to handle that one yourself :lol:

hi
I think you'd better check solid state technology
byr
:!:

Hi eemapir,
what do you mean?

Guess power mosfet or IGBT will help too. The ton of both devices (especially power mosfet) can go down to nsec. If the voltage drop across the 'solid state relay' you require is not an important design criteria, then you might consider power mosfet or IGBT. Both devices should have no problem to meet your design requirements: More than 50V and Handle 100mA. Please check wxw.onsemi.com.

All devices mentioned here ar slow... PVT412 has a turno on of 2 ms. I need 50uS.
Who have a schematic on how a solid state relay is obtained?

PR26MF21NSZ

Manufacturer: Sharp Microelectronics of The Americas
h**p://www.sharpsma.com/sma/products/opto/SSR/ss_dip.htm

Input
Forward current: 50mA (maximum)
Reverse voltage: 6V (maximum)

Output
ON-state current: 600mA (maximum)
Peak OFF-state voltage: 400V (maximum)

Ton: 50us (maximum)

By the way, do you mind to share your application? Probably other devices can be used to replace solid state relay.

The device I'm searching is a Solid State Relay (or equivalent circuit) that must be optoisolated and the output stage must:
- have a Turn On Time of 50uS max
- have a Turn Off Time of 150uS max
- when the relay is off it must be capable to have 50V trought the two output pin
- when the relay is on it must have a max voltage drop of 1.1V between the two output pins
Voltage to manage is DC (0 -> 50V) and unipolar.
Any help?

BGA, the one I recommended, PR26MF21NSZ, from Sharp Microelectronics of The Americas, should fit your application.

Since you are going to use the 'SSR' for DC application, here is an alternative:
"optocoupler + mosfet" may be used for your application too. For your information, the switching frequency of optocoupler and mosfet could be down to 'nano-sec'. Furthermore, mosfet has no problem to handle 100mA on-state current and 50V blocking voltage. The voltage drop across drain/source of most modern mosfet is LESS than 1V.

Can you give me a schematic example to realize it with mosfet...

Check the attachment.
Please take note that the circuits shown in the attachment are only valid for LOW-SIDE switching application.

iNTERESTING.. BUT I NEED TO SIMULATE TH CIRCUIT.
WHERE TO FIND PSPICE MODEL OF FOD2200 AND FDG361N?
AT FAIRCHILD.COM THERE AREN'T.

For FDG361N, please refer the following sites:
[url]https://www.fairchildsemi.com/models/email_model_file.jsp?file=FDG361N.mod[/url]
[url]https://www.fairchildsemi.com/models_static/spicemanual.html[/url]

For FOD2200, there is no model provided in Fairchild website. I, however, have few suggestions as follows:
1) In the schematics, FOD2200 works as a switch. So, in my opinion, we do not need to have an exact model. Probably we can set the rise time of typical switch to accomodate the characteristics of FOD2200.
2) I believe there are many other models of optocoupler in pspice library. May be you can choose one that is close to FOD2200. You may try optocouplers from Agilent as some of Agilent's optocouplers have very high transfer rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back