Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want to buy a RFID module in india

Status
Not open for further replies.

thannara123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends
i want to buy a RFID module (low cost) what is the price in india

125kHz RFID Readers and Tags which support the EM40XX/EM41XX chipsets are the most commonly used in the 125kHz frequency range and are likely the least expensive technology.

Look for EM41XX or EM40XX compatibility when purchasing either the RFID Reader or Tag.

Also make sure you order a reader with the correct interface for your design. RFID Readers are manufacture with several interface options, with the Wiegand26 interface being the most common, particularly with commercial units. Be aware that the Wiegand26 interface is NOT compatible with either the RS-485 or the RS-232, which are most likely the second and third most common interface available. There are also other variations of the Wiegand interface available, including Wiegand34 and Wiegand42. Magstripe, Clock & Data and TTL Level Asynchronous Serial are other possibilities.

For a hobby project, where the RFID reader will be located in close proximity to the microcontroller, I would recommend either RS-232 or TTL Level Asynchronous Serial interfaces.

The Innovations ID-20 is a nice RFID Reader, I've actually use an ID-20 for prototyping/testing code:

**broken link removed**

A few Online Indian RFID Sources:

Simple Labs - India

Rhydolabz RFID Tags and Readers - India

Element14 RFID Tags and Readers - India

Probots RFID Tags and Readers - India

Hope the info helps with your endeavors,

BigDog

125kHz RFID Readers and Tags which support the EM40XX/EM41XX chipsets are the most commonly used in the 125kHz frequency range and are likely the least expensive technology.

Look for EM41XX or EM40XX compatibility when purchasing either the RFID Reader or Tag.

Also make sure you order a reader with the correct interface for your design. RFID Readers are manufacture with several interface options, with the Wiegand26 interface being the most common, particularly with commercial units. Be aware that the Wiegand26 interface is NOT compatible with either the RS-485 or the RS-232, which are most likely the second and third most common interface available. There are also other variations of the Wiegand interface available, including Wiegand34 and Wiegand42. Magstripe, Clock & Data and TTL Level Asynchronous Serial are other possibilities.

For a hobby project, where the RFID reader will be located in close proximity to the microcontroller, I would recommend either RS-232 or TTL Level Asynchronous Serial interfaces.

The Innovations ID-20 is a nice RFID Reader, I've actually use an ID-20 for prototyping/testing code:

**broken link removed**

A few Online Indian RFID Sources:

Simple Labs - India

Rhydolabz RFID Tags and Readers - India

Element14 RFID Tags and Readers - India

Probots RFID Tags and Readers - India

Hope the info helps with your endeavors,

BigDog

First of all i would like to know if I can interface the rfid reader with 8051?? And which one to buy for that....I am new to this tech. please help..

First of all i would like to know if I can interface the rfid reader with 8051??

Yes.

And which one to buy for that....I am new to this tech.

The Innovations ID-20 or ID-12 would be the most versatile, supporting several communication standards/protocols, including both Wiegand and TTL UART.

The TTL UART interface would likely be the simplest to interface to the 8051 for a novice. However, be aware both the ID-20 and ID-12 have a 2mm pitch, rather than the standard 2.54mm pitch which is standard for breadboarding.

Which device you purchase depends largely on availability in your area. Where are you located?

BigDog

Yes.

The Innovations ID-20 or ID-12 would be the most versatile, supporting several communication standards/protocols, including both Wiegand and TTL UART.

The TTL UART interface would likely be the simplest to interface to the 8051 for a novice. However, be aware both the ID-20 and ID-12 have a 2mm pitch, rather than the standard 2.54mm pitch which is standard for breadboarding.

Which device you purchase depends largely on availability in your area. Where are you located?

BigDog

I live in Bangalore(India). The thing is I have to interface RFID reader as well as a GSM module to a micro-controller. Can I connect both to a same micro-controller(say 8051)? ID-20 or ID-12 are compatible with max232? I might be asking silly ques but please help. I am just a beginner and havce to make this project. Thank you :)

Microcontroller like the 89S52 is capable of handling all what you have mentioned. RFID, GSM module, and UART. All depend on who writes or how the program is written.
Pranam

Microcontroller like the 89S52 is capable of handling all what you have mentioned. RFID, GSM module, and UART. All depend on who writes or how the program is written.
Pranam

programming I can do...my ques is whether a single 89c51 support 2 max232..As i will need for RFID and GSM at the same time..

>>> my ques is whether a single 89c51 support 2 max232.
Nope, I don't think so. You can still try some "innovative" methods like chip select and like to share the hardware serial port. Otherwise, you can implement a soft-UART as well.

BTW, for RFID readers (and tags), try:
**broken link removed** - reader is around INR 1500/- and tags cost around INR 45/- each
https://www.ebay.in - about INR 1200/- (with 10 tags, if I remember it correct).
https://www.ebay.com - about 15$ (with 10, tags). Not sure about import duties etc. Another thing to consider this option is the time it takes for it to arrive (>20 days, typical).

Hello friends
i want to buy a RFID module (low cost) what is the price in india

You can buy it from diganth electronics, bangalore.
https://diganttechnologies.com/

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Short the wire to same max 232 ic.
You can buy rfid tag from nsk electronics , bangalore. its available at 15 rupees.

" Embedding is just a work and play for me"

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

You can buy rfid tag from nsk electronics , bangalore. its available at 15 rupees.

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

>>> my ques is whether a single 89c51 support 2 max232.
Nope, I don't think so. You can still try some "innovative" methods like chip select and like to share the hardware serial port. Otherwise, you can implement a soft-UART as well.

BTW, for RFID readers (and tags), try:
**broken link removed** - reader is around INR 1500/- and tags cost around INR 45/- each
https://www.ebay.in - about INR 1200/- (with 10 tags, if I remember it correct).
https://www.ebay.com - about 15$ (with 10, tags). Not sure about import duties etc. Another thing to consider this option is the time it takes for it to arrive (>20 days, typical).

Status
Not open for further replies.