Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the use of auxiliary winding in smps transformer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishal3558

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i want to design a Isolated power supply of:
Input=10-13 VDC
Output= +/- 30 VDC @ +/- 1A ripples less than 500 mV
and +5 VDC, +3.3 VDC @ 300mA ripples less than 10mV

I have an requirement for flyback converter or SMPS transformer. but i can't understand the function of auxiliary winding. can anyone please help me.
i have also choose some transformer, 750370059 of Wurth Electronics . is this transformer help me.

The auxiliary winding of the transformer can be used for indirect feedback to control the isolated output, also provides demagnetization detection and powers the IC after start-up.
This '750370059 transformer' of Wurth Electronics not suitable for your application, primary to secondary turn ratio 3:1:1, in order to obtain +/- 30V from 12V power supply you need 1: 3: 3

Reactions: sabaz

sabaz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello Sir,

thank you sir for your help....you solve my confusion..thank you.
you said in order to obtain +/- 30V from 12V power supply you need 1: 3: 3.

but if we also want to obtain +3.3 VDC and +5 VDC from 12 V with separate ground what primary to secondary turn ratio we need??

Status
Not open for further replies.