Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possibilities of c++ programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

q-bertsuit

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I started programming C++ a few weeks ago and have spent enough time to know a bit of the syntax and getting familiar with OOP. I have always had an image of C++ and C being used for embedded systems and solving mathematical problems. The books i have purchased seem to imply that whatever happens in the programs you write are limited to reading and writing to text files and printing text in the command window. However, today I stumbled upon a tutorial about socket programming and was very excited when i successfully created a server and a client on two different computers. It makes me wonder what other possibilities there are. I guess the answer is "everything you want", but I cant find libraries or tutorials for C++ that teaches more practical stuff like socket programming. The tutorials I find are always intended to teach you to use the syntax and have trivial examples about apples and oranges.

So my question is, what other exciting things can C++ do beyond solving algorithms and run on micro controllers?

q-bertsuit said:
So my question is, what other exciting things can C++ do beyond solving algorithms and run on micro controllers?
What more exciting than that? :razz:
Now seriously as you said it, "everything you want". I believe that if you begin google and youtube search, you could do that all night (at least I could :smile:). Below you can find some references to get a starting point.

Robot arm Turbo C++ - YouTube
Image Processing Program on C++ - YouTube
C++ first 3d Game (using OpenGL) - YouTube
A C++ Mario Game - YouTube
Matrix code in C++ & ASCII - YouTube
**broken link removed**

Enjoy!

The best thing to find out what application are used by C/C++ for embedded system is to take a look at the app notes and forums from the Micro/FPGA manufacturers to get an idea. If you look at university EE project lists that will also give you some ideas. Some of the universities will provide the whole design. Another is the Circuit Cellar projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back