Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

K type thermocouple interface help

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr.waqas

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm interfacing a Thermocouple TC 192 (K type) with a microcontroller.Below is the link to its datasheet. My question is that the output voltage vs temperature graph is not shown in its datasheet. I think it is not possible to interface this without this information . I'm new to thermocouples, Please guide me .

The link to datasheet is
https://en-co.wika.de/upload/DS_TE6905_GB_8192.pdf

Regards
Waqas Shafique

Last edited:

Hi waqas
i cant get to your data sheet dont know why.
however there must be some info about rate of change of voltage over temperature. If not, use any appropriate circuit from link below to amplify the output from mV to V. then make log by yourself i.e. hit and trial method.
Hope this helps.

thermocouple circuit k type - Google Search

Sorry I provided you the wrong link , I have updated to the new web address. Please have a look on the datasheet .

yes it does not provide any detail. All you can do now is check thermocouple output when heated. But it is impossible to check mV variations through voltmeter. Connect a amplifier circuit with it and check a reasonable amount of change should occur.

Check out this circuit. then you will be able to connect it to ADC of microcontroller.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.