Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

installing MAC OS in non-apple system

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekdixit

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hiii,
i want to use MAC OS. but i don;t have apple system. i want thesetup of MAC os for non apple system. is is possible to do this? if yes then from where i will get this..

It is possible. You can also try Oracle's Virtual Box....... Installing usig virtual box won't harm your present system

The best thing is to look at the hackintosh website and buy the specific hardware for the OS you want to install. OSx86 Project | InsanelyMac - this website will show you all the compatible hardware that works and tested. Also by installing Virtualbox it is not guaranteed it will work in your PC as the hardware still need to be compatible. I have tried it with VMWare and it did not boot properly in my AMD mother board. I decided to buy the correct hardware which have been tested, and it works fine without virtualization. Just follow instructions in the website and forget about virtualization as it slow depending on your PC hardware. I have quad core Macbook and I find the Windows 7 running on virtual machine power hungry as it is running two OSes at the same time hence the reason why I chose bootcamp.

The only thing with a hackintosh PC you can't design Iphone games but you can simulate Iphone application using Xcode. Also you might not be able to upgrade the OS in your hackintosh PC. Just check the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.