Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interview question Draw Schematic and write verilog code

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan449

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am new to ASIC design. i am good at writing verilog code but i am unable to draw schematics. recently when i attended interview they asked to draw schematic and write verilog code.

-- -- -- -- -- -- --
Clk:-- -- -- -- -- -- --
------
rst: ------------------------------------
--------- ------
out:------- ---

I have written verilog code but unable to draw schematics, can anyone suggest how to draw schematics.I have read verilog by Palnitkar and Digital logic design by morris mano.

Is there any good book or material available to practice.can anyone help in drawing the above schematic.

Thanks in Advance
Irfan

Digital Integrated Circuits by Jan M Rabaey and CMOS VLSI design by Neil Weste. These books will provide you with basic understanding about layout. Thought they are not discussed in detail I found it helpful to start with.

All the best.

is it neil weste and david harris or neil weste and kamran ESHRAGHIAN ? pls tell specific book name and author .. i hve been luking forwrd to buy this buk , but little confused abt author.

Dear Coolbuddyh,

Thank you for your prompt reply,I have downloaded ebook of Digital Integrated Circuits by Jan M Rabaey but unable to find any solution.
My Query is:how to draw the schematic based on timing diagram.any helpful material or books would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Irfan

There is no book for schematic ,irfan as soon as you see the timing diagram try to analyze the timing diagram and relate with hardware in digital design. so this can be done by practice only......... try on flip flops, latches timing diagrams which will help you

Hi irfan
exactly what was krishna said is correct, first practise on flops and latches timing diagram..
one best solution is try to write characteristic tables for the timing diagrams and from that tables you can draw the circuit level diagrams..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back