Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM300 do not respond for AT commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

phinixsys

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I have a SIM300 module purchased recently. I am trying to communicate with it using AT commands.
But i am getting strange behaviour from the SIM300 module.
When i send AT command to it like AT<ENTER> from terminal. it doesent reply with OK or anything.
The network Led is blinking such that it has found the network. I can even make a call from another cell to this module and get ring. When i send ATA<ENTER> from the terminal the call gets connected.
The call gets disconnected when i send ATH<Enter>.
The only problem is i cant initiate a call, i dont receive anything from the module at all.

What could be the problem?
I have double checked the uart connections and they seems to be fine.

Experts please advice.

Check for cable faults.

Short pin2 and 3 and it should echo what you type.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply!
I replaced some cables in the circuit and tried. It worked, but only once.
When it worked I received following characters.
"
RDY
+CFUN:1
+CPIN:CALL RADY
"
The problem is i keep getting these messages periodically on the terminal continuously. May be 1s in a seconds.
This was not letting me to input my AT commands properly in transmitter window.
1. How to stop these messages?
2. However i received these messages only once in few trials. All other time(power on/off cylces) i did not get any response from the SIM300 module. What is going on?

Looks like the battery is not providing enough current and hence the unit is resetting/restarting.

yes it was a power supply problem. now its running like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back