Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Placing a single header (A whole) in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean87

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I wonder if you can give me some tips about Altium Designer 10.

I am trying to design a simple PCB that contains 20 Resistors. The goal is to have this 20 resistors in paralel, fed from a +12V line (there is no return path or ground needed) and connect each resistor to a pin of a 20 pin header connector. In the attached image you can see what I have done already (Well not much yet!)

altium_1.PNG

So my question is, how can I place a one whole (just think it as a one pin header) that I can later solder my +12V line and then connect this line to all resistors? so simply, how can I just add a whole that can be used to solder a wire in it later?

My other questions is, The resistors I am using are just normal resistors that fit in a prototyping bread board. I am using Axial 0.3 in Altium. Is that the right choice?

Thanks.

Hi Sean, you have answered your question: "how can I place a one whole (just think it as a one pin header)" .... add one pin header.
You can check the Axial 0.3 footprint in footprint library, or print the PCB in 1:1 scale and compare it with your real resistors. If you have problems to create the one pin header have a look at Start with Altium Designer – All in 17 minutes Tutorial - (FEDEVEL)

Reactions: Sean87

Sean87

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for reply.

The problem is there is no "1 Pin" header in my altium installation. I managed to go to PCB design part know, so I just placed a pad and I think it is ok. I am still confused with how to add a solder mask and a fedutial point to my PCB. Can I get some tips over this?

I attached Altium video tutorial in my previous post. Have a look and see how you can create the 1 pin connector - it's simple. I believe the video will answer some other your questions. You don't need to care about Solder mask. If footprints are created properly, they include solder mask information. Fidutials are just another components - as your 1 pin header.

Reactions: Sean87

Sean87

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back