Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sending data through USB port

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnovice

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My problem is that I would like to send the data from a C# or C++ interface in Windows through the USB port and then display the result on the board's LED display ., I'm inexperienced in C#/C++ programming, I would like some hints on:
1. which is better for my project: C# or C++ ?
2. how can I send data through the USB port to arduino?

plz reply., its urgent., thnx

I use C# programming,it's so easy to communicate PC if you use USB HID.but arduino i do't know how to do it.Notlongbefore i desigen a 32X32 RGB led matrix display.Use C#,USB HID too.

Out of curiosity: how do do USB hid communication in C#? I've done that for my masters thesis using some 3rd party library from Codeproject but had some issues with it (i.e. not working with 64-bit OS). I can imagine that it is simple is device operates in CDC mode emulating a virtual serial port, but otherwise i have no idea.

Arduino uses FT232 or similar chip so it is also virtual serial port which means it is easy (unless there are some restrictions from arduino firmware side, i dunno since I've never used arduino)

can you give me sample code on how to do it using C#?

This exactly what i have used. I works quite ok at low speeds (64kB/s) and only in 32-b bit systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.