Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming Xilinx FPGA with MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirangowle

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can i program Xlinx FPGA with MCU. Pls suggest me how to move a ahead in this method.
I have reference Xapp058. But in that i need to know what MCU has to send the data along with clock respective with bit/XSVF files.

Attached is an AVR based Xilinx FPGA Bootloader example with project files.

Have you examined the code with accompanies the XAPP058?

You'll need to define the functions setPort(), pulseClock(), readByte(), readTDOBit() and waitTime() based on your choice of MCU.

BigDog

Attachments

• OFlynn-187.pdf
    385.8 KB · Views: 129
  • OFlynn-187.zip
    270.6 KB · Views: 95

Thanks Bigdogguru,

I ll take this as reference.
I am building with PIC18F family which USB feature also so it ll easy to interface with PC side also.
I need how JTAG works(protocol) so it ll be easy to write code as well as understand the Xapp058 note also.
I am not understanding from PC what exact data packets i ll get and that need to store in MCU RAM space and then how i need it to send to FPGA bit by bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.