Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Total Radiated power (TRP) equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

YechielA

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I wanted some clarification regarding the addition used in the discrete form of the TRP equation (used in anechoic chambers, see image below).
TRP.png
Does the EIRP or Gain addition is a vector addition?
I think it should be, althogh the equation representation does not look like a vector addition.
As much as I understnd, the addition should be : SQRT(EIRP(THETA)^2+EIRP(PHI)^2).

Found this:
"In practice, the total EIRP will likely be measured at each sample point by measuring its two
orthogonally polarized components, EIRPθ (θ , φ) and EIRPφ (θ , φ). To accommodate this
measurement practicality, we can split the radiation intensity at each angle into two
contributions, one from each polarization (power in independent components simply adds)"

Good.

You found answers to your own question.way to go!

Regards
Rotmanlens

Yes, I waited but no one answered. but still there is a question, why?
To the best of my knowledge the E field is a vector which is projected on to the two orthogonal θ and φ axis.
So, if this is the case the vector addition of this two projection will give the total E field and not a scalar addition of them.

Found the answer. vector addition is really needed for the E field, but it can be shown that the power is a scalar addition of each component of the E field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back