Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Burnt or not burnt 16x2 Lcd ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuwanR

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have connected a 16x2 Lcd and first it was working fine later the resistors and the micro-controller at the back started to warm up.
I removed the Lcd and when I plug in now the display works but some lines doesn't work. So the letters are not complete. Even when I connect the power I do not get the black boxes. Does that mean I have burnt the Lcd's micro-controllers or just resistors?? How can I check that, any tests to check the burned components?

Thank you

LCDs consume virtualy no power if they do not have a back light. If looks like a short has appeared some where in the wiring,is the LCD attached properly? have you made any changes to the wiring. If the LCD was not faulty, then I doubt if its faulty now, though the micro might be.
Frank

Check the micro connections. If its ok you can check with another good LCD.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back