Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Configuration of MATLAB for co simulation with ADS Ptolemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kintarr

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Can anybody help me with details, that how I can configure my MATLAB for co simulation with ADS Ptolemy, I followed the instructions given in its User's Manual but still Ptolemy gives an error.

And one thing more that can I use MATLAB 7.0 for this purpose?

Regards,
Ali

I have no solution but the same problem. I strictly followed the manual but as I'm trying to simulate an example from ADS it still gives me the error "Matlab could not be invoked..." and I should try to run "matlab /regserver" but that doesn't help. Any hints, what to do?

additional information: during the simulation a matlab command window opens and then there is an error-message saying the procedure entry point "?internal_empty@concurrent_queue_base_v3@internal@tbb@@IBE_NXZ" in DLL "tbb.dll" was not found.

Last edited:

I hate to revive old threads, but considering how difficult it was to find search results, I feel obliged to add the solution for my problem to this thread in case anyone else out there has a similar issue.

(I generally refer to MATLAB by the release names rather than their version numbers. If the names confuse you, you can look at Wikipedia's version list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATLAB#Release_history)

Problem Scenario: In ADS 2011.10, I was trying to simulate the SOMBRERO schematic under the examples\dsp_demos_wrk workspace. This requires MATLAB to run the schematic, and the co-simulations would fail with errors. This happened with some recent versions of MATLAB (R2012a/b, R2011a/b).

Error 1: In some instances, we would receive an error about ADS not being able to access libeng.dll

Error 2: A more common error was that
"The procedure entry point
?internal_empty@concurrent_queue_base_v3@internal@tbb@@IEBA_N
XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library tbb.dll"

The solutions suggested in the "hpeesofsim 4:0" window were that MATLAB licenses were all in use or that I needed to run "matlab /regserver" in a Windows command prompt. Neither of these solutions worked.

Solution(?) 1: I could not find a solution to Error 1 specifically, but my belief is that ADS is unable to find MATLAB's .dll files in the system path environment variable. This can be rectified by adding MATLAB's \bin\win64 or \bin\win32 folder to the path. For me, this meant adding "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2009b\bin\win64" to the path environment variable. Again, this did not get things running smoothly for me, but it is worth trying.

Solution 2: The way this is stated sounds like the tbb.dll file is actually found, but for some reason the procedure calls do not match what ADS thinks it should be. This might be due to changes that have been introduced in newer versions of MATLAB. So my solution here was to install an older version of MATLAB. You may also need to add some MATLAB folders to the path like I mentioned in Solution 1.

So here's what I've seen works so far:
In Windows 7 64-bit with ADS 2011.10 installed: MATLAB R2009b (64-bit) and MATLAB R2010b (32-bit)
In Windows 7 32-bit with ADS 2011.10 installed: MATLAB R2010b (32-bit)

I think it's a safe bet that you can interchange the a/b for these years of MATLAB.

tl;dr
I kept getting errors when running co-simulations with ADS 2011.10 and MATLAB R2011a or newer. I installed an older version of MATLAB and it worked fine.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back