Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PhD in Electromagnetics/MASc in Biomedical/BSc in Biomedical BUT LOST

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnegm82

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I hold BSc in biomedical, Masters in biomedical and doing PhD in pure electromagnetics theories. Frustrated and lost from this PhD.

Previous experience: Embedded programming, PCB Design

however, I couldnt find myself in research, pure design

I am more inclined towards system design, quality control, and standards

I dont ant pure technical job, semi-technical semi-social is preferred.

Considering to quit PhD.

I need your advice.

Thanks

Hi mnegm82

hang in there,we all encounter these dark days where we feel very low. first thing first to boost up your morale

To be a doctoral student in itself is a heck of an achievement.only esteemed few get to that level of education.

Electromagnetics such a subject,people run just by the name of it. you have landed a doctoral position stick to it, only a few individuals ever dare to get into the field and continue, to finish it off with flying colors.

Landing a doctoral position isn't easy these days.

sometime's its not about what you would like to do . rather how you can channelize yourself into the field of opportunity and then make your way.

Hang in there buddy.

Since you have a biomedical degree and working on your Phd in electromagnetics.cant think of any other university other than U of C, calgary under the supervision of prof. Elise fear.

Regards
Fellow Doctoral/Research Associate :)

always follow your heart
There is no sense to spend you time with something which makes you unhappy. The world if overfilled with people who are not satisfied from what they do. The secret of the success is to have inspiration in what you do

'Bio-medical. Semi-technical semi-social.' This suggests you are (or would be) good at interacting with people in the medical practice. (Both with technicians and patients).

Say, instructing heart patients how to live with a pacemaker.

Helping someone learn to operate a powered wheelchair (or other equipment). Tailoring mechanisms to the individual's physiological condition. Using your social skills to deal with various patient's psychological conditions.

Training technicians how to operate sophisticated medical instruments and equipment. MRI, CAT-scan, Xray, etc. Heart monitors, audio testing, visual testing, etc.

Using your technical knowledge to experiment and improve operation of above-mentioned devices.

Your multiple abilities suggests you would be good at research and development on equipment at a startup (or small) company in the medical field. The kind of position that needs someone who is motivated toward excellence, is good with technical/science type things, yet also can work in a team.

Some of the above occupations do not require a doctorate. Even if you accept a position which is beneath your level of education, remember that it will not necessarily be your occupation for life.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back