Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending multiples signals though one coax cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessesgifts

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to install a security camara outside my house. but im not sure how to send the signal through my cable coax. what would be the most simple way of doing this without spending to much money?
Thanks!

Put each camera on a different TV channel frequency. If the outputs are baseband, you can buy "video modulators" to do this.

Separating two almost identical signals is impossible. You have to have signals of different frequency to filter. It's all frequency or amplitude dependent, but you need frequency to separate. You can't separate amplitude.

In a simple setup, most of the security cameras send out baseband video and you will require a 75 ohms coaxial cable for each of the cameras to be connected to a monitoring TV or to a recording PC which can accept all of these video inputs. you can also add a modulator to each of the cameras using a different channel and pass this signal over one cable and at the monitoring location demodulate and separate each of the channels. Coaxial cagle RG59 is cheaper but with higher loss compared to RG11 for longer distances with lower loss but expensive.

you can use a "Video Modulators" and you can multiplex each video signals of each camera, netx you transmitter for the coax. In the receptor, you can demultiplex and the outoput connect to input of TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back