Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Long range ADSL wire or radio modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
long range dsl

Hello,
I need to build several (around 20) wide band internet conections using ADSL wire modem or radio modem. I prefer ADSL wire modem to share a voice telephone cable but if thsi is impossible can use raio modem since it´s a high speed (ranging from 128k to 1M bps). The points that need to be connected are more or less 10km far one to each other with some obstacle bwtween then I mean there is no way to see from one point the other one.

Regards,

Fernando

I would suggest the wired ADSL because there are no legal restrictions (except for the city laws about stringing wires around and across other people's land). This distance is on the far side for standard telephone connections, but if you use larger diameter wire you can get the losses down to accommodate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back