Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two stage MOSFET amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

lana91

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is a two stage MOSFET amplifier
I am asked to design this to have a minimum AC gain of 40 dB.
assume the values of (W/L) that keep the Mosfets in Saturation.
And Find the DC analysis.
I dont know how to start
Untitled.png

Dear lana91
Hi
Would you like to design one of them with yourself or , analysis of that ?
Its DC analysis is very simple. consider a current source ( mirror ) ( current reflector) .the current of right mosfets ( equal ) is about 100uA.
and i can not see complicated thing here with considering a simple current source. try , you will can analyse it with that consideration !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

i have to assume values for W/L first for each mosfet right?
Then make sure they are all in saturation mode
for PMOS V_sd > V_sg -V_t
right?
so in the first pmos on the left V_d=0 since its connected to the ground?
But i dont know how to find the V_d for the other PMOS's

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:13 ----------

I have to Apply DC analysis on the transistors. but like i dont understand what i have to find by doing that,

I am sure, you did not read the theory behind differential pair design. Better get a basic book and read the OPAMP design first. That will help you to avoid to ask very basic questions. Even if you get all the solutions but you wont understand.

I read about it all night and i understood it:) i appreciate u guys looking at my question.
Thankyou

You can find good material on how to design amplifiers in "Razavi, Fundamentals Of Microelectronics"

Status
Not open for further replies.