Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Meshing Issues with HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotmanlens

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All

I have been working on this simple spiral on hfss.unfortunately HFSS takes ages to initialize the mesh and ends up giving the error(could not preserve critical nodes).when both the spiral arms are on the same plane,simulation completes in few minutes but when they are not in the same plane,have issues with the mesh.

I have looked into the dimensions,they are not infinitely small at all,so no issues in maintaining the nodes.

Could anyone look into it and give me a feedback what needs to be done.

Regards
Chachito

Attachments

• spiral.rar
    35.3 KB · Views: 67

Isn't There any one who could shed some light on to it.

Regards
Rotmanlens.

hello, are you still here?
I have encountered the same problem when i simulate a transformer, which says it could not preserve critical nodes. Had you solved the problem?
Hope for your reply!

HFSS is really bad at meshing curves. Avoid any automatic curve difinitions. Instead use extrusions with multi-line patches, or at least stepped function curves, where you can set up number of steps explicitly. The same is for circles and cylinders. To avoid false "numeric" resonances - rotate your circular objects to make them "out of phase", i.e. no parallel faces and periodic edges.

- - - Updated - - -

Moreover, when examining a spiral, don't forget that the nearfield can be very complex, which HFSS does not expect when refining tetrahedra. Therefore inside the airbox create another small airbox around the spiral with dense "initial mesh inside" property.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW. Your spiral is made of air. Maybe that's an answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back