Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gps help; refreshing frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderboympm

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i change the refreshing frequency of a gps module which supports NMEA protocol?
What is the use of tx pin in gps modules

To change the frequency you would have to change the settings in the GPS module if it is possible. If it has a TX pin which means you can configure the GPS unit via a RS232.

To change the frequency you would have to change the settings in the GPS module if it is possible. If it has a TX pin which means you can configure the GPS unit via a RS232.
Do you know any type of commands, with that can change the settings of any module. Some examples?

If you asking this question I imagine you haven't read the data sheet or the technical manual for the device. If you know your GPS device then you should be able to find a datasheet for it. Use a serial port terminal software to send the ascii commands to the GPS device. I would not know what is the command as I don't know what device you are using. If it is UBlox device you can easily use their application to send the UBX commands or you can type in yourself. Their data sheet is self-explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.