Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] quick connect terminal for through-hole components?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slow_rider

I am looking for something I can use for quick connect diodes and such and remove them without having to screw them down. The closest thing that comes to my mind is the spring loaded speaker terminals but these are not really suitable for what I need. Any thoughts?

Do you mean jumper wires? One of the most useful things you can have. They often come in a set of ten. Alligator clips at each end. A foot long. Different colors.

There's also heavier duty type. Also 4 foot lengths. Might have to check a mail order house for these.

Do you want to fasten down a component? You can use paper clips nailed to a board. Or fahnestock clips (although I haven't seen them around for a while).

...Do you mean jumper wires? One of the most useful things you can have...

Seems to be the best choice.
Diodes keep soldered everytime, and connection is performed by jumper.

+++

Thanks, however I think I was unclear in my post. I am looking for something with a similar functionality to a ZIF socket used with ICs. Alligator clips are one option, however I would like to see if there is anything else.

This concept fits to your need ?

**broken link removed**

+++

A spring fastened to a board is another easy connector. My Radio Shack Electronics Lab uses these for practically everything but the breadboard.

There are also molex pins in different varieties.

Some are like miniature fahnestock clips.
Some are joined together in a row, and can be broken off individually.
Some have internal screws for securing a wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back