Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Reset UPS Masterguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Help reset UPS Masterguard

A big thanks to all who contributed with info to this thread.
I now have three A1000 UPS's that aren't beeping any more AND i can connect to them via a USB to serial cable (USB on my laptop to serial on the UPS).
Batteries changed and all sitting fault free...woo hoo!

Cheers Fellas...

Still looking for a technical/user manual though :)

Thanks Very Much The Cable Connection diagram works fine with my Siemens masterguard A1000 I am Looking for User Manual for A1000 if anyone have thank my email groovekingx2@gmail.com

Need Help Again I Connect Once and Reset the Battery Value with Cable i made from the Diagram and Ppset but now ups not found on com1 message i try to connect I have checked the cable connection many time but keep getting this message no answer from ups on com1 everything thing is as it was i was able to connect last time

try to uninstall and re-install your com port.

Reactions: lobar

lobar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

try to uninstall and re-install your com port.

I already done that and tried in two different pc not working my APC UPS Connect on both PC on the same com port

Need Help Again I Connect Once and Reset the Battery Value with Cable i made from the Diagram and Ppset but now ups not found on com1 message i try to connect I have checked the cable connection many time but keep getting this message no answer from ups on com1 everything thing is as it was i was able to connect last time
Just remember that the software defaults to comm port one when it opens. I have to tell it to go to comm port 3 when i use it as my USB is connected to that one.
Just check what comm port you are using :)

Have a copy of the manual here ----> https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh5a6qjkhn8whki/Chloride Active 700 - 3000.pdf

Reactions: Trasca

Trasca

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Just remember that the software defaults to comm port one when it opens. I have to tell it to go to comm port 3 when i use it as my USB is connected to that one.
Just check what comm port you are using :)

Have a copy of the manual here ----> https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh5a6qjkhn8whki/Chloride Active 700 - 3000.pdf
I only have com 1 on my PC without any usb to com converter and that only Port is com 1 PC try to communicate with UPS but didnt get answer from UPS

- - - Updated - - -

And Sorry forget to Say Thanks for the Link to User Manual

Hi I have had this problem before with a smaller one (A700 Ithink) anyway I had to disconnect the plug, rotate 180 degrees and connect again. That means to change the Line and Neutral position, I had founded this on the manual.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everybody. I have UPS masterguard A2000 and i changed battery. after that when i connect power cord ups start in bypass mode. i need that USP start in normal mode. how can i solve this problem?

Hi I have had this problem before with a smaller one (A700 Ithink) anyway I had to disconnect the plug, rotate 180 degrees and connect again. That means to change the Line and Neutral position, I had founded this on the manual.

can anyone give me The PowerProtect Vision (PPVis) software package?

click the MISC and then new window will pop-up now you can see the RESET Counter - (Click it) and now you reset the battery age.... hope it helps

- - - Updated - - -

USB cable doesn't work for me...i tried for few times. :)

Can anyone help me with the ppset sofware?
In the Netherlands I cannot get it from the dealer.

regards,

Robert

I had a bad cable. The cable must be connected like this :
6658606500_1360770640.jpg

Battery age resets in another program than PPset. It's Reset_batt.exe

Program with instructions are in attachment.

Good luck.

Plese help me. to get this program , i want to reset baterry , thank you in advance.

Plese help me. to get this program , i want to reset baterry , thank you in advance.

See the link in the message above your question.

regards,

Robert

Thank you very much for your help. your method work very well with masterguard a3000.
gigi69 the frenchie

I have A-3000 Master Guard UPS, after batteries replacement they given Beep on Mains after 1 Min,
How can i solve this issue?

Hi guys!
I made a cable according the diagram I found here and tried it with Siemens MasterGuard A3000 but it does not seem to establish connection. Is there anything special about the com port - Xon/Xoff, parity check, etc?

I've bought MasterGuard A700 like new, but without any manuals, software and options. Thanks a lot for the members of this forum for complete instructions and programms for resetting UPS, now it works OK. Only one question for owners the same UPS line (A700/1000/1500/2000/3000) - is your UPS completely switch off load when appropriate button was pressed? In my case, when AC 220 plug is connected. UPS goes to ON state, but in Bypass mode only. Then I press button marked |, then UPS switch to normal mode and work correctly. Press any button for any time do not switch off AC from load. If I switch to Bypass mode, I can disconnect AC line without any troubles. Is it normal or my A700 has fault?

can anyone give me The PowerProtect Vision (PPVis) software package?

You will need an activation code for PPVis software package. There may be a limited version that is supplied to customers to allow monitoring.

Hi guys!
I made a cable according the diagram I found here and tried it with Siemens MasterGuard A3000 but it does not seem to establish connection. Is there anything special about the com port - Xon/Xoff, parity check, etc?

All Masterguard/Chloride UPS units use either a standard null modem cable or a straight through 9 pin cable.

I work for Emerson/Chloride as a UPS tech in Australia.

Thank you very much, bkelciov! This little but essential program made it possible for me to correct the blinking battery LED bar on my Chloride ACTIVE 700 UPS! (the number of external battery packs was incorrectly set at "1")
I used an USB-RS232 adaptor-cable and a 3-wire serial cable. (female-female, TX and RX crossed)

Greetings, Jowannes.

Sorry for the double post.

Actually through decompilation of that PPSet v2.0 Delphi application I found out that the "Experts" password is "Ich darf" (without quotes) and then calibration options appear.

Thanks man! LOL "Ich darf"...

Status
Not open for further replies.