Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Reset UPS Masterguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Help reset UPS Masterguard

The cable must be straight.
Wait few days. Maybe somebody from masterguard will answer you.

Hi

Can i use USB cable instead of serial cable? bcoz i saw USB port beside the serial port.

You can try. I realy don't know if it's working.

the USB cable is not working, Btw, the serial cable should be straight right? no special cable for this?

Yes, the serial cable must be straight.

I tried connect notebook with UPS MasterGuard A2000-19 over straight serial cable, but the software PPset reported "no conection".

The serial cable is not original (not supplied with UPS). It has pin1->pin1, 2->2, etc...

I think I have wrong cable. Can someone, who has original (or functional) serial cable, check connection ?

Thanks

i connect pin 2 and pin 3 only i just follow base on the manual. but still cant detect from the PPSet

Maybe you have another program that is using COM port. The programm "PowerChute" from APC is doing that. Try to connect the UPS on a fresh installed Windows XP. I don't remember what Windows I did use. The cable must be 1 to 1 pin ( straight ) !!!

Maybe you have another program that is using COM port. The programm "PowerChute" from APC is doing that. Try to connect the UPS on a fresh installed Windows XP. I don't remember what Windows I did use. The cable must be 1 to 1 pin ( straight ) !!!

It's strange... I have fresh installation wxp pro sp3, with no PowerChute-like software, straight serial cable D-Sub 9 pin fully connected...

I'll try another serial device, probably a APC Smart-UPS and I'll see...

APC UPS does not work with straight cable. APC use proprietary cable: 940-0024D

i used win7..no other ups connected on the serial..., i also try pin 1 to pin 1..still no lack

- - - Updated - - -

i used win7..no other ups connected on the serial..., i also try pin 1 to pin 1..still no lack

I had a bad cable. The cable must be connected like this :
6658606500_1360770640.jpg

Battery age resets in another program than PPset. It's Reset_batt.exe

Program with instructions are in attachment.

Good luck.

Attachments

• Reset_batt.rar
    170.4 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Reset_Battery_Procedure.pdf
    155.2 KB · Views: 1,049

thanks....

btw, have you try this program to other UPS brand if this working also ( like powerware, emerson, etc)? just curious :)

Hi is there a solucion to read values and reset alarm´s in a masterguard S52 i have alarme 14 and i need to see if there are more and soon.
Thank´s

I had a bad cable. The cable must be connected like this :
6658606500_1360770640.jpg

Battery age resets in another program than PPset. It's Reset_batt.exe

Program with instructions are in attachment.

Good luck.

It worked for me, on a Siemens Masterguard A1000-19

Hello everyone!
My MasterGuard A3000-19 is doing the wierdest thing! When I unplug the input, after 10 seconds the output switches off. I changed the batteries, reset the battery life, made battery test. Everything turned out OK and still when I unplug the input after 10 secs. the output turns off after that long beep(and in fault record "fault A9999"). The battery charge is full. DC link is 380V from battery and 361V when input is plugged in. Any information would be usefull. Thank you!

Hello,

I got the PPSet V2.0... can you tell me how is reset the battery age?
Thank You bk.

This serial cable works fine on Masterguard A1000. :grin:
Does somebody know something about the USB cable?

Hello,

I got the PPSet V2.0... can you tell me how is reset the battery age?
Thank You bk.

click the MISC and then new window will pop-up now you can see the RESET Counter - (Click it) and now you reset the battery age.... hope it helps

- - - Updated - - -

This serial cable works fine on Masterguard A1000. :grin:
Does somebody know something about the USB cable?

USB cable doesn't work for me...i tried for few times. :)

Thanks Very Much The Cable Connection diagram works fine with my Siemens masterguard A1000 I am Looking for User Manual for A1000 if anyone have thank my email groovekingx2@gmail.com

View attachment 71246
Try to use this program with this key: 2680-331941-11410
Good luck.

ThanX my bro.:lol:
Very useful software. By "Reset Counter" in "Misc" tab I could reset the UPS Up-time and finally stop the Beep and Blinking.
I used RS-232C Serial Cable. No need the key!

ppvis.jpg

Reactions: panosk

panosk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

qqzzxxcc

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.