Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding : exceeds code size limit in code composer studio v4 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunil880089

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,
i am facing following problem while compiling a program in CCSv4..

"exceeds code size limit"..

please tel me the solution..
thank you.

You can try the IAR Embedded Workbench KickStart demo that has a 16k byte limit instead of the 8k of CCS

Alex

Thank You sir.. i ll try,,
But is there any option in code composer studio v4..

An old Basic programming version set a limit of 32k on source code size.

You could use the command 'SEGMENT' to overcome this limitation. You could use it more than once, say every 25k or 30k throughout a program.

An old Basic programming version set a limit of 32k on source code size.

You could use the command 'SEGMENT' to overcome this limitation. You could use it more than once, say every 25k or 30k throughout a program.

Thank you.. but i am confusing where to use command 'SEGMENT'..
please sir can you give me one example.. so that i can use in my program.
thank you

Sorry, I guess I meant 'I as the programmer could use the SEGMENT command'. I didn't intend to say you can use it to solve your own error.

I'm not acquainted with CCSv4. I don't know for sure that CCSv4 has a command which fixes your code size limit error.

I remember I would get a similar error using FutureBasic. Looking through the manual I saw that I needed to insert the 'SEGMENT' command to fix the error. I imagine it had to do with adding a second block of memory for jump tables, etc.

Some error messages are not always caused by exactly what the message tells you. Besides the size of your program itself, a code size error might refer to memory being full, or insufficient blocks of memory being available for additional:

simple variables,
array variables,
string variables,
number of subroutines/functions,
number of calls to routines,
recursive loops (routines which call themselves, whether intended or not),
number of opened ports, inputs, outputs,
size or number of buffers allocated for input/output
etc.

Sorry, I guess I meant 'I as the programmer could use the SEGMENT command'. I didn't intend to say you can use it to solve your own error.

I'm not acquainted with CCSv4. I don't know for sure that CCSv4 has a command which fixes your code size limit error.

I remember I would get a similar error using FutureBasic. Looking through the manual I saw that I needed to insert the 'SEGMENT' command to fix the error. I imagine it had to do with adding a second block of memory for jump tables, etc.

Some error messages are not always caused by exactly what the message tells you. Besides the size of your program itself, a code size error might refer to memory being full, or insufficient blocks of memory being available for additional:

simple variables,
array variables,
string variables,
number of subroutines/functions,
number of calls to routines,
recursive loops (routines which call themselves, whether intended or not),
number of opened ports, inputs, outputs,
size or number of buffers allocated for input/output
etc.

K Sir Thank You.....

Status
Not open for further replies.