Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

protection from backEMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarkummi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I faced the back EMF problem from the 3 phase induction motor. whenever EMF is generated our ATMEGA8L micro controller is get interrupted please suggest me to overcome this problem.

with regards
kumar

How you are controlling motor. TRIAC or SCR.
Show us the schematic.

Hi

@kirangowle I am using relay circuitry to control the motor.....

Use 1N4007 Diode across the relay coil.
Since Atmega 8(any MCU) cant drive relay directly u need to use ULN2003 or simple transistor to drive the relay. In this way you are isolating the MCU from motor driver also.

you can use PC817 opto isolator to drive a BD140 transistor, and drive a relay with that BD140. dont forget to add 1N4148 across relay`s coil.
use different power supply trace to power your relay and mega8 micro. add a decoupling capacitor near the power supply pin of atmega8 controller. don`t leave unused port pin of atmega floating, make it output...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back