Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with USB to RS232 cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

vigneshwar_ramar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to everybody
Very Good Day. I am using Laptop with W7 OS. I am working with P89v52 MC. I have an USB to RS232 connector but it does'nt work properly. Can anyone help me to solve it

Hi to everybody
Very Good Day. I am using Laptop with W7 OS. I am working with P89v52 MC. I have an USB to RS232 connector but it does'nt work properly. Can anyone help me to solve it

What is the exact problem? Can you describe? You send from PC and the MCU doesn't recieve? The opposite? Both? You are communicating through custom PC software or a commercial terminal software? Are you 100% sure that the problem is the cable? Do you have its drivers installed? Also did you perform the loopback test with your cable? Check this post out for the loopback test:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/223105/#post951221

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

when you plug in your USB to serial connector does it appear in the list of devices, e.g. click Control Panel then System then Device Manager

Very Good Day. I installed PL2303 Prolific Driver but when connect the USB to serial cable the device can't appear in the device list that's the problem.

I had this issue before with my laptop so I bought a KeySpan and it has never failed for me. For your issue, try reinstalling your driver. If it doesn't get detected in Windows, then it could be an issue with the converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back