Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue - USB powered GSM Modem's Audio Out to PC's Mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

scurrminator

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to record audio from the Usb powered GSM Modem's Audio Out Pin using my PC. I have used a 2.5mm to 3.5mm audio jack feeding Modem's Audio to the PC Mic interface. But I am hearing the EMI noise that usually generated when you bring your mobile in a call to an unsheilded speaker system.
The system works well when I attach my mobile handset to the 2.5mm end of the audio adaptor and I am able to record clear audio. The issue arises when I use the gsm modem which is powered from the same PC and feed its audio to the PC Line In or the Mic. The modem I am using is Samba 55. The last image is the adapter connected to the mobile phone, works well and i am able to record clear sound. Can any one suggest how can i remove the EMI noise?

Photo-0308.jpg

Photo-0309.jpg

Photo-0310.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back