Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error - Subcircuit 555 used by X_U11 is undefined

Status
Not open for further replies.

durgak

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working with orcad capture 9.1 edition.

I have encountered a strange error " Subcircuit 555 used by X_U11 is undefined" while simulating a circuit for 555 timer in astable mode.

I have downloaded the pspice template from internet and saved it as .MOD file.
Then using ORCAD Model Editor I converted it to .lib and .olb files.
Then added the library .old to orcad capture and used 555 timer in my schematic.
When trying to simulate my schematic it throwing an error "" Subcircuit 555 used by X_U11 is undefined". Someone please let me know the reason causing this error and a way to rectify it.

The same error shows up for simulation of any electrical component that I try to download from internet which doesn't come by orcad capture 9.1 default libraries.

Please someone reply..

Thanks,
Durga

You should also need to add .LIB into your simulation profile. Do edit simprofile, To to configuration TAB, select library and and this library (555) into that.
Also would suggest using Capture-PSpice 16.5 version. you can download this from www.cadence.com/orcad

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Now again the same prob here.. ERROR -- Subcircuit D15XB60/SDG used by X_D1 is undefined

PLs tell how it could be resolved?

I was using this model in place of rectifier it is found under library of SHINDNGN.OLB

i have not downlaoded it . it was already present in Cadence SPB16.3 version .

Also I can not edit thie model, as it says..the model could not be found in configured libraries..

PLS HELP..!!

getting similar error, ERROR(ORPSIM-15108): Subcircuit LM741/NS used by X_U5 is undefined

this time i have followed every single steps, but getting the same error, no idea why..can someone tell some work around

I assume you are running Lite (also known as Demo) version/mode. Please use parts only from EVAL.oLB, BREAKOUT.OLB or ANALOG.olb. Libraries for other parts are not configured by default in Lite mode.
In case you want to use parts from other OLBs (say AA.OLB)from ../tools/Capture/Library/PSpice folder, try adding corresponding lib (say AA.lib) from ../tools/PSpice/library folder. This may work in most of the cases, but not all.

Hope this helps.

as all opamps models are not there in PSPICE library, i created the model first and placed it in PSPice library,
yes i am using lite version

In that case you need to include libs created by you in simulation profile. Go to PSpice>Edit simulation profile>COnfigure Files>Library file....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back