Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my operating system problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

diod

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
my laptop os is seven.i want change my laptop os.and my os is in c driver.how i can keep my software in my loptop whit changging os.i dont want loose my software and i dont want install them after changging my os.

i think you can save your some software only..
you can not save your all software because some software have their files in the WINDOW folder so that software u must install after changing OS.

how i can save some software that isnt for window?like matlab or hspice or..

but how it is pussible.i installed them.i can copy the software that installed in system?

What you mean by "changing os"?
You can install another os beside your actually os.
Or you could a software to virtualize a computer (for example with VirtualBox or VMware) and then install their another os, for a start this perhaps the most save solution.

Matlab is also for windows available.

my system has virus.and i want to install program that this virus dont let my software install correctly with out error.then if i use vmvare you think i can get free from virus and my program install correctly?changing os means to format your current os.then install new os.if i have to change it what about my installed programs?

I don't generally advise installing windows as an upgrade, but other than formatting, that is the only way i know of to change your OS without losing anything.
If you want to keep your softwares Backup to an external HDD or different partition (eg. D:, E:, if you have them)

Visit for how to backup : How can I make a backup | Techyv.com

Reactions: diod

diod

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you have a virus you should reinstall your os.
And unfortunately you have to reinstall the software. If you want to back up the software you can't be sure that the software isn't modified by the virus.
You can save the user directory with all the settings and data.

With virtualizytion, like vmware you can't get rid of the virus.

diod

my laptop os is general.and i have back up of its os.how i can use this back up?

I think at first time you should make a hard image (make backup DVD) by windows tools or other software such as Acronis then you can work on it .
i think you try to disconnect laptop's hard and connect it to a pc and scan all drive and all files by pc anti virus clean all virus.
Sometimes this way is useful , however you can try to uninstall anti virus and install other anti virus software that maybe it be useful.

To use the backup:
What type of backup is it? Do you have a bootable CD? Can you start your computer from the CD and then it is restored from the CD?

no it isnt bootable cd.

it is impossible

What is your mean by changing operating system? Are you want to change into another or just reinstall.
Remember installed software may not work properly after backup cause registry and supported file may missing after new os installation.

If you want to change into another os you prefer try to use free virtualbox from vmware to install another os such as xp or linux into your laptop. You can run multiple os in one computer.

---------- Post added at 08:32 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

What is the mean by changing operating system? Are you want to change into another or just reinstall.

Remember installed software may not work properly after backup cause registry and supported file may missing after new os installation.

If you want to change into another os you prefer try to use free virtualbox from vmware to install another os such as xp or linux into your laptop. You can run multiple os in one computer.

diod

If you copy or backup your Drive, it will not be virus free, as soon as you give command of COPY or use any copying program the virus will accompany your files. The only solution is you remove your Hard Drive (difficult) and scan on another virus free system or you can scan your system ON LINE. There are many sites offering this service. You can not keep a back up of your installed software but the data only. Here are some links for you.
HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA
Free Online Virus Scan - Bitdefender Online Virus Scanner
ESET :: Get a FREE Online Virus Scan
Hope it helps.

diod

The best way to make backup of all your software's than make changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back