Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my operating system problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
If persist virus problem it might affected on your all data s including your installed software . install a better antivirus ,then try to tuneup utility to get your system fast

In this present situation, if you install any program, this Virus will not let it be installed properly and will change its major files before they are expanded on your disk. Either you boot your system from a Boot able CD and the scan the disk with some Antivirus program from CD not from your Hard Disk (as it seems the Virus is sitting in your boot sector) as soon as you run any program from your Disk the virus will become active and no programme will work exclusively. Or if you can get a Hi Ren CD (it is boot able and includes a lot of utilities with Antivirus), you can boot your system from that CD in windows environment and can run antivirus from the Hi Ren CD directly and can scan your system.

If you are not formatting the drive and installing the os ithe virus will also affect the new OS which will make no use. Some softwares can be recovered by copying the install files from 'C:/Program Files/' directory. Give it a try.
I think some laptops have Restore Factory Default Settings feature.

In the situation that the Virus is not allowing the system to install any Antivirus program, you can not back up the Software as virus free. When ever you copy back the backed up software the Virus will accompany back with the BACKED UP files. The only option is left while saving the Data that remove disk, connect it with other virus free system, scan and fix it back or scan ON LINE. There is no other way to save data and re-install the OS.

Both Mac OS X and window OS are very useful but it have some drawback due to the overhead problem of the software installations or virus attack.. For your problem best way save your software through the backup software...

Hi,There is a software name "GHOST" by using this you no need to install your software again, Then its will save your time also,you can take backup of all software.

The FIRST THING is to get rid of the VIRUS in the present OS on the disk. Without removing this nothing will work until and unless the virus is removed. What so ever you do for making a backup or copy or ghost the system, ALL WILL CARRY THE PRESENT VIRUS WITH. You have to remove remove virus either by formatting the disk or by scanning it with a VIRUS FREE system.
I say again WHAT SO EVER DO as backing up the system or copying or Ghosting the disk, all will carry the virus with. So please remove the virus from the disk either scanning on line or attaching the disk with a clean system.

Ya,you are right that also one of the problem,but after cleaning the system that i say take ghost.Its reduce the time of installing the softwares.

Yes once the system is free from viruses, it is better to Ghost the disk for future recovery of the OS+Software Applications in the same order as saved with a reduced time of installation.

Hi, I have one doubt, I like to install double os on my lap first i install XP in C drive and then i install Windows 7 in D drive But it not accepting, what is the problem i install in correct order know then why is not supporting?

Anyone is there for my above problem?

Hi, I have one doubt, I like to install double os on my lap first i install XP in C drive and then i install Windows 7 in D drive But it not accepting, what is the problem i install in correct order know then why is not supporting?
What error you are getting?
Does the installation is finished or it does not start even ?
Is your " D " drive formatted with NTFS ?

Ya that's the problem, I forget to format with NTFS..Thanks i will try and get you later..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back