Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Eagle: Not able to move new device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

0by1

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am new to eagle,
I have created new device and added in library.
After adding it to schematic I am not able to move it. What may be the problem?

Without seeing the part or a more detailed description of the problem, I am shooting in the dark. I have never had that problem. What version of Eagle are you using? Nevertheless, here are some thoughts.

I suspect you are trying to move it by clicking on it. Be sure all layers are shown. Can you see the little placement cross to click on? If not, maybe you constructed it way off that center. Put the part on a new schematic by itself and see what happens. Can you outline the part, then use the move dialog to move it? Step-by-step: click on move, then click on outline, outline the part to highlight it, then right click either inside or outside the highlight. You will see a difference, but either action should allow you to select move. Let us know what happens.

If all else fails, can you attach your part library here?

John

Reactions: 0by1

0by1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back