Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what brand battery is the best 18650 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofiar

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When you purchase brand new ultrafire 18650 you are bale to save on any other expenses after the purchase because the batteries do not have any recurring costs. what brand battery is the**broken link removed**.

When you purchase brand new ultrafire 18650 you are bale to save on any other expenses after the purchase because the batteries do not have any recurring costs. what brand battery is the**broken link removed**.

I am not sure that is accurate. First, there is the cost of recharging. More important, batteries do wear out and have a limited number of recharge cycles:
From one vendor's specification sheet for ultrafire 18650 --
Cycle Performance: 90% of initial capacity at 400 cycles
Cycle life: > 500 cycles

As for which brand is "best," that type of question rarely gets a documented answer. I generally buy batteries from a reliable supplier. The country of manufacture and manufacturer may make a difference, but such perceived differences are usually just based on anecdotes. That said, if the application is critical, like an in-flight receiver battery in an RC airplane, I buy from a name manufacturer with whom I have had experience. If it is not so critical, like a flashlight or engine power, then I buy by price and availability.

Finally, you may find this site useful for information about battery care and expected life times: **broken link removed**

John

Status
Not open for further replies.