Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suggestions for future

Status
Not open for further replies.

syeda amna

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i really i trouble what to do after my graduation. I am a good programmer and i want to work in the filed of electronics. Which domain will be suitable for me? please please help me.

What would you like to do? What do you think you're (especially) good at? What do other people think you're (especially) good at?

What do you consider most important? Employment security? Earning money? Doing interesting things? Learning new skills? Fixing things that broke down? Creating things with your own hands? Being part of a community that builds wonderful, mass-produced project XYZ? Creating things that improve lives for others?

Also it may matter what type(s) of industry is around your area. Have you already had contact with companies you'd like to work for, do business with, or that are busy with project(s) / technology you find particularly interesting? What have you done so far? In what direction(s) would you like to expand your skills & knowledge?

Why did you chose electronics to begin with? What intrigued you? THAT's what should drive your choice, forgot about money (at least when starting out). As Retro basically said, find something that will make you happy; you're going to be spending most of your waking hours doing it.

Thanks for your replies. I am not much interested in money. I am only interested in something new. So i want to ask in future which domain will b most suitables for freshers. I have no experiance. I have good programming capabilities. Also i am interested in designing. But i want to do something new. Please help me.

Thanks for your replies. I am not much interested in money. I am only interested in something new. So i want to ask in future which domain will b most suitables for freshers. I have no experiance. I have good programming capabilities. Also i am interested in designing. But i want to do something new. Please help me.

Being a good programmer I believe you can enter into Embedded Systems Design domain.

thanks for your suggestions Embedded_Geek.
I am still confused. What about Neural Networks? Is it really challenging?
Please help me I am really confused. :???:

I was interested in microcontroller based projects. but now i like programming only.

Only if someone really needs something new to have which is not available easily (as specifications or costly for its design work) and is related to his studies, his has a real opportunity to learn what he thinks he already knows very well :)

For start, it doesn’t matter how small or big the project is. The main idea is to finish it as it was imagined while understanding the role/effect of each component (hardware) and each code line (software). The project fails in one condition; by dropping it for good. Otherwise, the errors and/or mistakes during the design are the crucial path towards the perfect learning which can never be reached by anyone on the globe ;)

Kerim

The number of mistakes (all sorts) I do in every new design (before the board functions properly) is not less than 50 and I would be glad if it doesn’t exceed 100 ;)

For start, it doesn’t matter how small or big the project is. The main idea is to finish it as it was imagined while understanding the role/effect of each component (hardware) and each code line (software). The project fails in one condition; by dropping it for good. Otherwise, the errors and/or mistakes during the design are the crucial path towards the perfect learning which can never be reached by anyone on the globe ;)

I just want to ask which field is better for freshers. I like analog designing, of course as a beginner I know a little. Please tell me and guide me what to do. :-|

Hi,

My first designs (35 years ago) were about power supplies and low frequency signal generators for my humble test desk.

Just to give you an idea, the power supplies were:

5V/500mA
12V/500mA
A variable low current dual supply sometimes needed for opamps +/- 18V 30mA.

Signal generator (actually two of low power up to about 400KHz):
3 outputs; sinewave, triangular (Vpp max = 4V, no load) and TTL outputs.
2 inputs; for frequency and amplitude modulation.

My idea wasn’t just building these sets but to start analysing real circuits and also compare the measured results with the theoretical ones.
Now these sets are available for different powers at relatively low cost.

For instance, I am afraid that your design work would likely be limited and slow if you don't have an oscilloscope (a simple one can do the job at the beginning). On my side, when I started at that time my first serious designs (for sale), I paid all I had to get one (for $200). Yes, not all young engineers are from rich families :wink:

Kerim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back