Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can I use 5V for TFT LCD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bianchi77

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys,

Can I connect directly 5V output port from AT89C55WD into ILI9325 TFT ?
I want to connect P0 and P2 into DB0-DB15, is it possible ?

thanks

sorry, unfortunately not:(
Just check the datasheet to help.

Good luck

For level conversion you may use some logic 7400 family chips, which operate from 3V3 but have 5V tolerant inputs. Otherwise you may use resistor and zener diode for each individual signal line. This is for one direction communication from mcu to lcd. For bidirectional level translation u may use something like this Voltage Level Translation - Dual Supply Translator - SN74LVC4245A - TI.com

For level conversion you may use some logic 7400 family chips, which operate from 3V3 but have 5V tolerant inputs. Otherwise you may use resistor and zener diode for each individual signal line. This is for one direction communication from mcu to lcd. For bidirectional level translation u may use something like this Voltage Level Translation - Dual Supply Translator - SN74LVC4245A - TI.com

very valuable information, thanks a lot mate

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

I had better use AT89LV55 to resolve this matter, and simplify the circuit too....but thanks for the info guys

You can also use simple resistor dividers to convert 5V to 3.3V. But this is (same for drivers above) only unidirectional.
For bidirectional communication I'd really suggest to use a 3.3V 8051. Not hard to find.
Maybe you want to read registers or memory from TFT, e.g. for modifying the picture? Internal memory in TFTs is very big and you can't keep a shadow copy in MCU RAM...

You can also use simple resistor dividers to convert 5V to 3.3V. But this is (same for drivers above) only unidirectional.
For bidirectional communication I'd really suggest to use a 3.3V 8051. Not hard to find.
Maybe you want to read registers or memory from TFT, e.g. for modifying the picture? Internal memory in TFTs is very big and you can't keep a shadow copy in MCU RAM...

Do you have a link for TFT Init code?

Thanks

No, but how about asking Google: **broken link removed**
How can I translate Arduino code for MCS51 ?

I can not see digital_write function in that code.
Are there any clues for it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.